Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a classic dish that combines a medley of flavors and textures, creating a sweet and creamy treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a family gathering or a potluck, this dish is sure to impress. Here’s how to make this delightful Ambrosia Fruit Salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed frozen whipped topping, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, drained fruit cocktail, drained pineapple chunks, and drained mandarin oranges.
- Add the miniature marshmallows to the mixture. The marshmallows provide a delightful sweetness and a soft texture to the salad.
- If you’re using maraschino cherries, add them to the mix. They’ll bring a pop of color and an extra layer of sweetness. This step is optional, but it adds a lovely touch.
- Sprinkle the ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon over the ingredients. These spices will infuse the salad with a warm and comforting flavor.
- Mix everything together thoroughly. Ensure that all the ingredients are well combined, and the whipped topping coats the other ingredients evenly.
- Refrigerate the Ambrosia Fruit Salad for 30 to 45 minutes. Chilling it allows the flavors to meld and the salad to achieve the perfect, creamy texture.
- Once it’s had its time in the fridge, your Ambrosia Fruit Salad is ready to serve.
Serve and Enjoy
This creamy and fruity Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a true crowd-pleaser. It’s a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, offering a refreshing and delightful experience with every bite. Whether you serve it as a side dish or a dessert, it’s bound to be a hit at your next gathering. Enjoy!