Indulge in the irresistible goodness of Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs. These succulent ribs are loaded with flavor and are fall-off-the-bone tender. It’s the perfect dish to satisfy your BBQ cravings. Let’s get cooking!
- ½ cup ancho chile powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1 rack of baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
Step 1: Prepping the Ribs
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the ancho chile powder, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, ground cumin, dry mustard, ground cayenne pepper, and dried chipotle pepper to create the dry rub.
- Place the baby back pork ribs meat-side down on a sheet of aluminum foil. Use a knife to prick the back of the rib rack several times.
- Generously apply the dry rub to all sides of the rib rack, ensuring it’s well-coated.
- Fold the foil around the ribs, creating a tight seal. Transfer the foil-wrapped rack to a sheet pan.
Step 2: Baking the Ribs
- Bake the ribs in the preheated oven for about 2 hours, or until they become tender and thoroughly cooked. Once done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open the foil, drain and discard any accumulated juices and fat.
Step 3: Applying the BBQ Sauce
- Brush a generous layer of barbeque sauce on all sides of the rack.
- Place the rack meat-side up and return it to the oven, leaving the foil open. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rack from the oven and brush another layer of barbeque sauce, but this time, only on the meat side.
- Repeat the baking and brushing with sauce four more times, totaling 50 minutes of baking time.
Step 4: Serving the Ribs
- Once the ribs are perfectly baked and glazed with layers of BBQ sauce, cut the rack into individual rib segments.
- Serve the Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs with extra barbeque sauce on the side for dipping.
Get ready to savor the incredible flavors and tenderness of these ribs. They make for a fantastic meal, whether you’re hosting a BBQ feast or simply satisfying your craving for mouthwatering ribs. Enjoy!