If you’re in search of a delectable dish that the whole family will adore, beef enchiladas should be at the top of your list. This savory, cheesy, and slightly spicy Mexican classic is a surefire way to please your taste buds. Let’s dive into this crowd-pleasing recipe that’s guaranteed to have your loved ones asking for seconds.
For this mouthwatering beef enchilada recipe, you’ll need the following:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of chunky salsa
- 1 (10-ounce) can of red enchilada sauce
- 8 (8-inch) tortillas (You can use either flour or corn tortillas, depending on your preference.)
- 1 (8-ounce) package of Borden Cheese Thick Cut Shredded Four Cheese Mexican (approximately 2 cups)
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat the Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly spraying a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the Ground Beef: In a large skillet, brown the lean ground beef over medium-high heat. Once it’s nicely browned, drain the excess fat and return the meat to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in the salsa, and cook until the mixture is heated through. Remove it from the heat.
- Layer the Enchilada Sauce: Pour about half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Prepare the Tortillas: Warm the tortillas according to the package directions. Each tortilla should be about 8 inches in diameter.
- Assemble the Enchiladas: Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of the beef and salsa mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top it with about one heaping tablespoon of the Four Cheese Mexican blend. Roll each tortilla tightly, ensuring the seam side is down. Place the enchiladas in the baking dish.
- Add the Final Touches: Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top for that extra cheesy goodness.
- Bake to Perfection: Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. This allows all the flavors to meld together and the cheese to become gloriously gooey.
And there you have it—delicious, homemade beef enchiladas that the whole family will love. The best part? They’re a breeze to make.
Join the Enchilada Enthusiasts!
This beef enchilada recipe is an absolute winner, and it’s easy to see why the whole family adores it. The savory beef, the zing of salsa, and the gooey cheese all wrapped in a warm tortilla create a symphony of flavors. So, if you haven’t already, give this recipe a try and see what you’ve been missing. Your taste buds will thank you!