Craving a sweet and nutty treat? Look no further than this scrumptious butter pecan pound cake. With toasted pecans and a rich glaze, this cake is a delightful indulgence for your sweet tooth.
For the Cake:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pound cake extract
- 2 cups toasted pecans
For the Thick Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tsp half and half
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth (about 3-7 minutes).
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and pound cake extracts.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour.
- Stir in the chopped toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into a greased tube pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, checking after 45 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes before transferring it to a cake plate.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, and half and half until smooth. Pour this luscious glaze over the cooled cake.
- Enjoy this delightful treat and don’t forget to share it with friends and family!
Remember to tightly cover your cake to keep it from drying out. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a sweet indulgence for yourself, this Butter Pecan Pound Cake is a delightful addition to any dessert menu.