Who can resist the heavenly combination of chocolate, Oreos, and cheesecake? If you’re looking to create a dessert that will leave your loved ones begging for seconds, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’re going to guide you through the steps to make a decadent Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake that’s bound to become a family favorite. This delightful dessert is so addictive that you’ll find yourself making it over and over again!
Before we dive into the step-by-step instructions, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 cups of Chocolate graham cracker crumbs (equivalent to 2 sleeves from a 3-sleeve box)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 12 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 4 packages of soft cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1 package of Oreos (1 pound 2 ounces), with each cookie broken into thirds or quarters
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s start creating this delectable dessert:
1. Prepare the Crust
- Combine the Chocolate graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 12 tablespoons of melted butter in a bowl.
- Press this mixture into a 13″ x 9″ skillet, creating a firm, even crust.
- Place the skillet in the refrigerator to let the crust set and chill.
2. Whip the Cream
- In a separate bowl, whip the 2 cups of whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream in the refrigerator to keep it cool.
3. Prepare the Cheesecake Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 4 packages of soft cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add 1 1/3 cups of sugar to the cream cheese and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Now, add the broken Oreo cookies to the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Assemble the Cheesecake
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator and spread the Oreo cheesecake filling evenly over it.
- Ensure that the top is smooth and reaches the edges of the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight for the best results.
There you have it, a mouthwatering Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe that’s simple to make but guarantees delightful results. Your family and friends will be amazed by your culinary skills, and you’ll likely be asked to make this dessert time and time again. So, indulge in the creamy, chocolatey goodness of this cheesecake, and watch it become a household favorite.
1. Can I use regular graham crackers instead of chocolate graham cracker crumbs?
Yes, you can use regular graham crackers, but the chocolate graham cracker crumbs add an extra layer of flavor to the crust.
2. Can I substitute whipped cream with whipped topping?
While whipped topping can be used, we recommend using real whipped cream for the best taste and texture.
3. How long can I store the Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake?
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, but it’s so delicious that it’s unlikely to last that long!
4. Can I use reduced-fat cream cheese for a lighter version of this cheesecake?
Yes, you can use reduced-fat cream cheese for a lighter option without sacrificing much flavor.
5. Can I add any other toppings to the cheesecake?
Certainly! You can add chocolate shavings, fresh berries, or a drizzle of caramel sauce for extra indulgence.