If you’re a fan of the heavenly combination of chocolate and peanut butter, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake is a must-try. This decadent dessert is a delightful earthquake of flavors, where rich chocolate fudge cake collides with a creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling. Add in some peanut butter cups and chocolate chips, and you’ve got a dessert that’s bound to make your taste buds tremble with joy.
To get started with this sweet sensation, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 Box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (including the required oil, eggs, and water)
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups, unwrapped and cut in halves
Let’s create this delightful Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake step by step:
1. Prepare the Oven and Baking Dish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the Chocolate Fudge Cake
- In a large bowl, prepare the chocolate fudge cake according to the instructions on the box. This typically includes adding oil, eggs, and water. Mix until the cake batter is well combined.
3. Pour the Cake Batter
- Pour the prepared chocolate fudge cake batter into your greased baking dish. Set it aside.
4. Create the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, softened butter, creamy peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until these ingredients are well blended.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing thoroughly with each addition.
5. Add the Filling and Toppings
- Spoon the peanut butter cheesecake mixture onto the chocolate cake batter in the baking dish. Lightly spread it around to create a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle the halved Reese’s peanut butter cups and chocolate chips on top of the cake.
6. Bake to Perfection
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes. You can check its doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
7. Serve and Enjoy
- Serve the Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake warm, ideally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
Indulge in the rich, gooey, and utterly delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake. The collision of chocolate and peanut butter flavors, along with the creamy cheesecake filling, is sure to make your taste buds quake with delight.
Whether it’s for a special occasion or a delightful dessert any day of the week, this cake is a sweet temptation that you won’t be able to resist. Enjoy every mouthwatering bite!