Get ready to indulge in a bowl of pure comfort with this easy and incredibly tasty Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings recipe. Whether it’s a chilly evening or you simply crave some good old-fashioned home-cooked goodness, this dish won’t disappoint. Follow along to create a heartwarming meal that your taste buds won’t soon forget.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Sliced carrots (as many as you prefer)
- Sliced celery (as many as you prefer)
- 1/2 can of peas
- 1/2 onion
- Crumbled bacon
- Parsley (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 can of flaky biscuits
- Begin by placing the boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of your trusty crockpot.
- Next, pour in the can of chicken broth and both cans of cream of chicken soup over the chicken.
- Add your sliced carrots, celery, and onion. You can adjust the quantities to your liking; some prefer more veggies for added texture and flavor.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes over the mixture. The amounts you use can vary depending on your personal taste preferences.
- Set your crockpot to high heat and let it cook for 3 hours. During this time, the flavors will meld, and your kitchen will be filled with the irresistible aroma of a home-cooked meal.
- After 3 hours, carefully remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it. Then, return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Add some crumbled bacon and the peas to the mixture, and stir everything together. This step adds a lovely depth of flavor and texture.
- The final touch is the flaky biscuits. Break them into smaller pieces, leaving them uncooked, and place them on top of the mixture. Feel free to break each roll into about 3 parts.
- Let everything simmer in the crockpot for another hour or so on high heat, or until the biscuits are cooked and the flavors have fully melded.
- Once it’s done, you’re ready to enjoy a heaping bowl of delicious Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. The tender chicken, creamy soup, and fluffy biscuits will warm your heart and fill your belly.
There you have it – a recipe you don’t want to miss! Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is the epitome of comfort food. It’s easy to prepare, full of flavor, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for your family or treating yourself to a satisfying meal, this dish is a surefire winner.
So, gather your ingredients, fire up the crockpot, and savor the taste of home-cooked goodness. Your taste buds will thank you.
Enjoy your heartwarming meal!
For more delightful recipes and cooking tips, visit AIPRM Recipes.
If you found this recipe helpful, you might also like these frequently asked questions:
- Can I use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe?
- While fresh chicken is recommended, you can use frozen chicken breasts, but make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- What can I substitute for cream of chicken soup?
- If you prefer a homemade alternative, you can use a roux-based sauce with chicken broth, butter, and flour, seasoned to taste.
- Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
- Absolutely! You can customize this recipe with your favorite vegetables, such as peas, corn, or green beans.
- How can I make the dumplings from scratch?
- To make dumplings from scratch, prepare a simple biscuit dough with flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the crockpot during the last hour of cooking.
- What’s the best way to store leftovers?
- Store any leftover Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.