Creating Fall-off-the-Bone BBQ Pork Rib Jenga is a mouthwatering adventure in the world of barbecuing. These succulent and tender pork ribs, seasoned to perfection and glazed with flavorful BBQ sauce, will leave you and your guests craving for more. Let’s get started on making this BBQ masterpiece.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Pork Ribs:
- 2 racks of pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Step 1: Prepare the Ribs
- Start by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. Use a knife to loosen it, then grab it with a paper towel and peel it off.
Step 2: Make the Dry Rub
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried thyme to create a flavorful dry rub.
Step 3: Season the Ribs
- Generously sprinkle the dry rub all over the ribs, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight, to let the flavors penetrate the meat.
Step 4: Prepare the BBQ Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Simmer the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes until it thickens and the flavors meld. Set it aside.
Step 5: Grill the Ribs
- Preheat your grill to medium heat, around 300-325°F (150-160°C).
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook them over indirect heat. Close the lid and grill for about 2-2.5 hours, turning occasionally.
- During the last 30 minutes of grilling, start basting the ribs with the BBQ sauce, applying multiple layers for a flavorful glaze.
- The ribs are ready when they are tender and have a beautiful caramelized BBQ glaze.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Slice them into individual ribs and serve your BBQ Pork Rib Jenga with the remaining BBQ sauce for dipping.
Your Fall-off-the-Bone BBQ Pork Rib Jenga is ready to be enjoyed. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply indulging in a weekend feast, these ribs are sure to impress. With the perfect balance of smoky, sweet, and savory flavors, they’ll become a family favorite in no time. Get ready for a finger-licking good time!