Garlic Butter Lamb Chops are a culinary delight, offering a mouthwatering combination of tender lamb, savory garlic, and rich buttery goodness. If you’re looking for a sophisticated dish that’s surprisingly simple to make, this recipe is perfect. Let’s dive into how to create these flavorful lamb chops.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 5 lamb loin chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (use ghee for a Whole30-compliant version)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Remove the lamb loin chops from the fridge about 20-30 minutes before you start cooking. This allows them to come to room temperature, ensuring even cooking.
- Place the chops on a cutting board lined with paper towels and pat them dry with more paper towels. Season them generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a dry 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. In the skillet, place the lamb chops with their narrow fat side down. You may need to use tongs to balance them and press them down to ensure that the fat renders and turns crisp and brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Once the lamb fat has melted into the pan, lay the chops flat on one of their sides. Cook for another 3 minutes until they are nicely browned, then turn and cook the other side.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Using a spoon, pour off most of the lamb fat, then add 2 tablespoons of butter (or ghee), minced garlic, and chopped thyme to the skillet.
- Stir well until the butter is foaming, and spoon the garlic-thyme butter over the lamb chops for about a minute or so.
- Place the lamb chops in a serving dish and pour the flavorful butter sauce on top.
Enjoy Your Garlic Butter Lamb Chops
These Garlic Butter Lamb Chops are now ready to be enjoyed. The tender and juicy lamb, infused with the rich flavors of garlic and butter, makes for a truly delightful dish. Serve them with your choice of sides for a gourmet meal that’s sure to impress. Bon appétit!