If you’re craving the warm, sweet aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls but don’t want to wait forever, these Outnumbered One-Hour Cinnamon Rolls are your savior. With this quick and delightful recipe, you can satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
- In a bowl, mix the following ingredients and let them sit for 15 minutes:
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)
- After 15 minutes, add:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 10 1/2 cups flour
- Mix everything together for 10 minutes, and then let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Grease a cupboard with oil (don’t use flour), and dump out the dough. Divide it in half.
- Press one half out into a rectangle. Spread it with 1/4 cup of melted butter and a generous amount of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll it up tightly but not too tight.
- Divide the roll into 12 individual rolls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat the process with the other half of the dough. Let the rolls rise.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cube of butter (equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 2 dashes of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 6 cups of powdered sugar
- Orange Rolls: Add orange concentrate to the regular frosting.
- Chocolate Rolls: Add baking cocoa and a few drops of water to the regular frosting.
- Cream Cheese Rolls: Add cream cheese to the regular frosting.
- 1 cube of butter equals 1/2 cup.
- Orange concentrate refers to frozen orange juice.
- You can use regular flour, not self-rising.
- The recipe genuinely calls for 6 tablespoons of yeast (SafInstant). If using yeast packets, you may need to convert.
- The recipe indeed requires 10 1/2 cups of flour.
- While the rolls can be frozen, they are so easy to make that freezing them might not be necessary.
- The rising time can vary depending on factors like room temperature and humidity. Simply let them rise until they’re sufficiently puffy.
- The calorie count isn’t provided, so no need to worry about that.
- If you want to make half the number of rolls, simply halve the recipe.
These one-hour cinnamon rolls are a delectable treat that will have your family and friends asking for more. Enjoy the incredible flavors and the wonderful aroma that fills your kitchen.