If you’re a seafood lover, the Salmon Shrimp Alfredo recipe is a treat you don’t want to miss. This dish combines the richness of salmon and the tenderness of shrimp, all enveloped in a luscious Alfredo sauce. With a blend of seasonings and the creamy goodness of Parmesan cheese, this recipe is a seafood lover’s dream come true.
To get started, gather all the ingredients for this sumptuous seafood delight:
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 6-8 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of Prego Basil Pesto
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons of seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 3/4 box of penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Let’s create this creamy seafood masterpiece step by step:
1. Prepare the Seafood
- Start by washing the shrimp and salmon fillets. Pat them dry.
- Season the shrimp and salmon with the seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and Old Bay seasoning.
2. Cook the Shrimp
- In a clean pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Place the seasoned shrimp in the pan and cook them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they turn pink and golden brown. Remove the cooked shrimp and set them aside.
3. Cook the Salmon
- In a clean pan on medium heat, add another 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Place the seasoned salmon fillets in the pan and cook for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until they are done and golden brown.
4. Prepare the Alfredo Sauce
- In a clean pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- Add the Prego Basil Pesto and stir to combine.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir continuously.
- Season the sauce generously. Mix until the sauce begins to thicken, which should take about 3-5 minutes.
5. Combine with Pasta
- Add the cooked and drained penne pasta to the sauce. Ensure that the noodles are well coated.
- Season the pasta with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Old Bay seasoning.
6. Garnish and Serve
- Add a pinch of fresh parsley and mix it thoroughly with the pasta and sauce.
- Plate the Alfredo pasta and top it with the cooked salmon and shrimp.
- Garnish with more parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Your Salmon Shrimp Alfredo is now ready to be savored. This dish brings together the delightful flavors of salmon, shrimp, and a creamy Alfredo sauce that’s both comforting and decadent.
So, indulge in this seafood extravaganza at your next special dinner or gathering. It’s sure to impress your guests and leave them craving for more. Bon appétit!