Do you ever find yourself torn between the lusciousness of cheesecake and the sweet allure of strawberry shortcake? We’ve got the perfect solution for you. In this delectable article, we’ll guide you through crafting a Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake that marries the best of both worlds. This dessert is an absolute showstopper, and your guests will be begging for your secret recipe. So, let’s embark on this heavenly culinary journey!
Before we delve into the step-by-step process, let’s gather all the essential ingredients:
- 22 Golden Oreos, crushed
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar of Smucker’s strawberry ice cream topping
- 12 Golden Oreos, crushed (divided into two bowls, one for plain Oreo topping, and one for strawberry-infused)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons from a small package of strawberry gelatin
Let’s start by creating this divine dessert step by step:
1. Preheat and Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the outer perimeter of your springform pan with aluminum foil and generously apply butter to the inside to prevent sticking.
2. Create the Bottom Crust
- Crush the Golden Oreos and combine them with the melted butter.
- Press this Oreo and butter mixture into the bottom of your prepared springform pan, creating a solid crust.
3. Prepare the Cheesecake Filling
- In a large bowl, place one 8-ounce package of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low until it becomes creamy (about 3 minutes), then add the remaining 3 packages of cream cheese.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1 1/3 cups of sugar, followed by the pure vanilla extract.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat the batter well after each addition.
- Lastly, blend in the heavy cream.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter; mix only until everything is thoroughly blended.
4. Assemble the Cheesecake
- Gently spoon half of the cheesecake filling onto the prepared crust.
- Spoon dollops of half of the jar of strawberry topping here and there.
- Use a butter knife to create a marbled effect by swirling the strawberries through the cheesecake mixture.
- Now, spoon in the other half of the batter and repeat the strawberry topping process on top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the cheesecake only has a slight jiggle when gently shaken.
5. Prepare the Crumb Topping
- In a small bowl or a food processor, add the remaining Golden Oreo cookies and pulse them into large crumbs.
- Add the softened butter and gently mix with a fork or your hands until the crumbs stick together in pea-sized pieces.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Pour the strawberry gelatin powder over the remaining crumbs and continue pinching the pieces together.
- Add more softened butter if necessary to ensure the mixture adheres to the cake.
Congratulations! You’ve just created a masterpiece: a Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake that’s bound to leave everyone craving for more. The harmonious blend of creamy cheesecake, sweet strawberries, and crunchy crust is nothing short of perfection. Whether it’s a special occasion or a treat for yourself, this dessert is a winner.
1. Can I use a different fruit topping instead of strawberries?
Yes, you can experiment with various fruit toppings like blueberries, raspberries, or even a mixed berry blend.
2. How do I store the leftover cheesecake?
Store any remaining cheesecake in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to a week. It’s also possible to freeze slices for longer storage.
3. Can I use a store-bought Oreo crust for convenience?
Absolutely, a store-bought Oreo crust can save time and still yield a delicious result.
4. Can I make a mini version of this cheesecake in a muffin tin?
Yes, you can create adorable mini cheesecakes by using a muffin tin and adjusting the baking time.
5. What’s the best occasion to serve this Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake?
This dessert is versatile and can be enjoyed on birthdays, holidays, or any day you’re craving a sweet indulgence.