Enjoy all the flavors of classic stuffed peppers without the extra work in this hearty and satisfying Stuffed Pepper Soup. It’s easy to make and perfect for a comforting meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (I use 90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into smaller pieces with a spatula (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Add the chopped onion to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until it’s softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Season the beef and onion mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the red and green bell peppers to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the petite diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and Italian seasoning to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Stir in the cooked white rice and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
This Stuffed Pepper Soup is a comforting and flavorful dish that your family will love. Enjoy all the delicious flavors without the hassle of stuffing peppers!