Get ready to embark on a mouthwatering journey with these tender BBQ ribs. Whether you’re firing up the grill or using your oven, these ribs are the epitome of savory indulgence. This recipe takes you through the process of seasoning the ribs to perfection and creating a delicious barbecue sauce that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Let’s begin by gathering all the ingredients you’ll need for these delectable BBQ ribs:
For the Ribs:
- 3 pounds baby back ribs (2 slabs)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
For the Rib Rub (Optional):
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (or additional BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Let’s create these tender BBQ ribs step by step:
1. Preheat the Oven
- Start by preheating your oven to 275°F.
2. Prepare the Ribs
- If you prefer, you can mix the optional Rib Rub ingredients together.
- Remove the white membrane from the back side of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should pull off easily.
- Pat the ribs dry and check for any small bone shards or pieces.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper or sprinkle generously with the rub, then massage it into the ribs.
3. Arrange the Ribs
- Place the seasoned ribs on a foil-lined tray, meaty side down.
- Cover the ribs with the sliced onions and garlic.
- Cover and seal everything with another piece of foil.
4. Bake the Ribs
- Bake the ribs for 2 hours in the preheated oven.
- Carefully open a corner of the sealed foil and pull a small piece of meat off to ensure the ribs are tender. If they’re not tender yet, bake for another 20-30 minutes and check again.
5. Prepare the BBQ Sauce
- While the ribs are baking, combine the BBQ Rib Sauce ingredients (BBQ sauce, chili sauce or additional BBQ sauce, and ketchup) in a bowl.
6. Finalize the Ribs
- Once the ribs are tender, remove them from the oven and discard the juices, onions, and garlic.
- Brush the ribs with olive oil and generously brush them with the prepared BBQ sauce.
7. Grill or Broil the Ribs
- Finish the ribs by grilling or broiling them over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until they achieve a desirable char.
Your tender BBQ ribs are now ready to be savored. These ribs are packed with flavor, and the combination of the tender meat and the smoky barbecue sauce will have you coming back for more.
So, enjoy these succulent ribs at your next cookout or family gathering. They’re sure to be a hit with everyone at the table. Bon appétit!