When it comes to enjoying a perfectly cooked T-Bone steak, the reverse sear method is a game-changer. This method ensures that your steak is tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. So, let’s dive into how to make a mouthwatering reverse seared T-Bone steak that will leave your taste buds dancing.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1-1.5 lbs T-bone steak
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Olive oil
1. Season the T-Bone Steak
- Start by generously seasoning the T-bone steak with salt on both sides. This step allows the salt to create a brine, enhancing the steak’s flavor. Leave the seasoned steak at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
2. Preheat the Oven
- While the steak is resting, preheat your oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. This low and slow cooking will ensure your steak is cooked to perfection.
3. Pepper the Steak
- After the 45 minutes have passed, sprinkle black pepper on both sides of the T-Bone steak. The pepper adds a delightful kick to the flavor.
4. Prepare the Steak for Baking
- Transfer the peppered T-Bone steak to a lightly-oiled baking sheet. This will prevent the steak from sticking and create a nice sear.
5. Slow Roast in the Oven
- Place the baking sheet with the T-Bone steak on the middle rack in the preheated oven. Let it cook for 30-60 minutes, depending on your preferred level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature. For rare, aim for 120°F; for medium-rare, target 130°F; for medium, aim for 140°F.
6. Sear the Steak
- When the steak is nearing your desired internal temperature, it’s time to sear. Preheat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil over high heat.
- Sear the T-Bone steak for 3-4 minutes on each side. This high-heat searing will create a beautiful crust on the outside while keeping the inside perfectly juicy.
7. Rest the Steak
- Once the T-Bone steak is seared to your liking, remove it from the skillet and place it on a clean plate. Tent it with foil to keep it warm and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. This resting period allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring a juicy and flavorful steak.
8. Slice and Serve
- After resting, slice your T-Bone steak and serve it as desired. Whether you like it rare, medium-rare, or medium, you’re in for a treat!
Enjoy your reverse seared T-Bone steak. It’s a culinary masterpiece that will impress your taste buds and leave you savoring every delicious bite.