If you’re a fan of the juicy and flavorful steaks from Texas Roadhouse, you’ll love this copycat recipe. With the right seasoning and grilling techniques, you can recreate that restaurant-quality taste right at home. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to prepare your own delicious Texas Roadhouse-style steak.
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
Step 1: Creating the Seasoning Mix
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a sealed ziplock bag, including the brown sugar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, turmeric, chili powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and cornstarch.
- Seal the bag tightly and shake it vigorously to thoroughly mix and combine all the ingredients.
Step 2: Seasoning the Steaks
- Generously apply the seasoning mixture to each side of the sirloin steaks. Make sure to coat both the front and back of the steaks with the seasoning. This step is essential for achieving the classic Texas Roadhouse flavor.
- Allow the seasoned steaks to sit at room temperature for at least 40 minutes. This resting time helps the seasoning penetrate the meat, enhancing the flavor.
Step 3: Preparing the Grill
- Preheat your grill to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). This is the ideal grilling temperature for achieving that perfect steak.
- Before placing the steaks on the grill, spray the grill grates with oil or wipe them with oil. You can use vegetable oil, olive oil, or canola oil to prevent the steaks from sticking to the grill.
Step 4: Grilling the Steaks
- Place the seasoned steaks on the preheated grill.
- Grill the steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on your preferred level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for 3 minutes per side, while medium will require about 4-5 minutes per side. Adjust the grilling time according to your taste.
Step 5: Resting the Steaks
- Once the steaks are done grilling, remove them from the grill and allow them to rest for a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving. Resting the steaks helps redistribute the juices, ensuring they remain tender and flavorful.
Step 6: Serving Your Texas Roadhouse-Style Steak
- Slice and serve your delicious Texas Roadhouse-style steak. Enjoy the rich and savory flavors you’ve recreated at home!
Now you can savor the mouthwatering taste of Texas Roadhouse steak without leaving your kitchen. Get ready to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal right at home!