Peach Cobbler Pound Cake is a delectable dessert that brings together the rich, moist goodness of a pound cake with the sweet and fruity delight of peaches. This combination is a match made in dessert heaven. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to prepare this delightful Peach Cobbler Pound Cake.
For the Pound Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced peaches, fresh or canned (with the juices drained off)
For the Peach Cobbler Topping:
- 2 peaches, sliced (fresh or 8 oz canned sliced peaches with the juices drained)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk (adjust to desired thickness)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar for sprinkling on the cake
Step 1: Preparing the Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) and generously grease a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then, incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time, while mixing at low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure the batter is thoroughly mixed. Add the salt and mix.
- Gently fold the diced peaches into the cake batter. Set the batter aside while you prepare the Peach Cobbler Topping.
Step 2: Preparing the Peach Cobbler Topping
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and mix it with the brown sugar.
- Place the sliced peaches in the bottom of the greased bundt pan. Cover the peach slices with the brown sugar and melted butter mixture.
Step 3: Baking the Pound Cake
- Pour the prepared cake batter on top of the peach cobbler topping, making it as even as possible. Gently tap the bundt pan on your work surface to remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely, which takes about 20-30 minutes.
Step 4: Preparing the Glaze
- While the cake is cooling, whisk together the confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Gradually add milk to the mixture until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
Step 5: Serving the Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
- Once the cake has cooled completely, invert it onto your favorite cake platter.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake for an extra touch of sweetness and flavor.