Savory Steak and Cheese Egg Rolls with Peppers and Onions are a delightful and indulgent appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. These crispy egg rolls are filled with tender ribeye steak, melted provolone cheese, and the delicious combination of sautéed green bell peppers and onions. Whether you’re serving them as party snacks or enjoying them as a tasty treat, these egg rolls are sure to impress. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to make these delectable appetizers.
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 pound of boneless ribeye steak, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
Step 1: Sautéing Peppers and Onions
- In a large pan, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped green bell pepper and onion to the pan.
- Allow them to cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they become softened.
Step 2: Cooking the Ribeye Steak
- Melt the remaining half of the butter in the same pan.
- Add the sliced ribeye steak to the pan.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the steak for approximately 3-4 minutes or until it’s browned and cooked to your liking.
- Once the steak is ready, place the sautéed peppers and onions back into the pan with the steak.
Step 3: Assembling the Egg Rolls
- Lay out one of the egg roll wrappers.
- Place half of a provolone cheese slice in the center of the wrapper.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the cooked steak and vegetable filling onto each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling, then roll it up, sealing the edges with a small amount of water.
Step 4: Frying the Egg Rolls
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to 350°F (175°C).
- Fill the pan with approximately 2-3 inches of oil.
- Carefully add 3-4 egg rolls at a time into the hot oil.
- Fry them, turning occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Step 5: Serving the Egg Rolls
- Once the egg rolls are nicely browned, remove them from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain and remove excess oil.
- Optionally, serve the egg rolls with ranch dressing or your preferred dipping sauce.
Step 6: Enjoy
- Your Savory Steak and Cheese Egg Rolls with Peppers and Onions are now ready to be enjoyed!
Note: This recipe makes approximately 12 egg rolls.
These Savory Steak and Cheese Egg Rolls are a perfect blend of flavors and textures. Serve them hot and watch them disappear at your next gathering!